Every business needs a constant stream of new web traffic to prosper online.
Learning how to bring new visitors to your website is a requirement of growing a business online successfully. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
This article is part of an article series designed to help awesome business owners learn how to grow their business online using proven and inexpensive methods.
I recommend subscribing to get my recommended plugin list & to stay updated with what’s happening! 🙂
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Attract More Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “attract web traffic to my web site”
- “how do I bring visitors to my web site”
- “top 25 resources to bring more web site visitors”
- “how to get more traffic using Reddit”
- “bring more people to your web site for free”
… and you will be presented with loads of information about different strategies to drive more website visitors …
(There are many methods to increase your website visitors. This article series will help you set up a simple system to take advantage of all these traffic-generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your website. There are tons of tutorials and free resources online that can show you cost-effective methods to drive more visitors to your site.
The problem often has more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are several ways to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows how many small businesses typically approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites …
This is how most website owners approach traffic generation
Essentially, the approach many small businesses typically take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As I’ll will show you in just a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will take care of this problem.
Outsourcing is great if you have systems in place to manage your traffic-generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic method.
Without a proper foundation and systems in place, online traffic generation can end up becoming very costly!
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, implementing systems, continually testing elements in your campaigns, experimenting with different methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic-generation strategies, and so on.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Generating Website Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to deliver web traffic to your business was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently doing this … and so can you!
In our WordPress Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn how to create an automated traffic system that will begin attracting targeted traffic to your website, simply by publishing regular content to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint I shared in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate data organically
- Add new traffic methods and test
To get sustainable web traffic, you first need to put in the right systems
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of our article series is to explain the process of setting up a traffic-generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling things only when it makes sense to do so
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic-generation strategies, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic-generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what I will refer to in this article series as an “expertly-configured” WordPress web site …
An Expertly-Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly-configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An “expertly-configured” WordPress web site is a website that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, content syndication and reporting.
Why Do I Need An Expertly-Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
I write extensively on this site about the benefits of choosing WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how and why an “expertly-configured” WordPress blog can be used to create an automated traffic-generation system requires a number of articles, which is why I recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and subscribe to our site (this way, I can let you know when I publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering a couple of basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
Many web sites are traditionally built using platforms that create “static” websites, or websites with “static” web pages. Essentially, what this means is that the digital content just sit inside your server waiting to be found. By itself, the traditional website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t broadcast to anybody in the cybersphere, or inform any other site when new content has been published in the site.
Think about it … if, with a traditional website, the content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then the web site owner has to continually keep promoting their site and its content to maintain web traffic coming.
WordPress is different.
WordPress comes with powerful built-in functionality that gives site owners the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish new content and WordPress will do the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to start generating you more traffic …
With an expertly-configured WordPress website, you simply add new content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic …
In Part Two of the WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, I’ll break down the components of this automated website traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured, but also expert integration of your site with third-party services and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various third-party services, you then begin to publish new content on a regular basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider online exposure to potential visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content marketing strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then start monitoring and understanding your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help business owners learn how to grow their business online sustainable using proven and cost-effective methods.
Be sure not to miss any more articles! Enter you email address now to get on the list + you’ll get exclusive articles and details on how to grow your WordPress website…