Oh how much do I dread writing these kinds of things.
You know that whole, hey check me out get to know me kind of thing.
You see I’m an introvert, through and through and I kind of prefer sitting at the back of the room, observing, watching and figuring it all out.
Can’t really do that though when I’m wanting you to get an idea of what I do, how I can help you and why you’d even want me to help you.
So Let’s Do This!
We can enjoy the awkward silences together, well at least until I get to really know you and well then you won’t be able to shut me up!
Building a business online is a challenge, even more so for someone who struggles with the technical side of a business.
You have an idea and you believe that building a business online is the fastest route to success, yet you’re still struggling and you’re frustrated with where you are right now AND you wish it would go faster.
I’m guessing that you probably started your business on a shoestring budget, thinking you’ll tackle creating your website and sharing a few times on Facebook will bring you clients or people to buy your wares.
This works for a while, and then you thinking I need to get really serious about this business if I want it to become something special. This is where I can help.
I understand that your business is more than just your website.
But what if you could have your website and never have to worry about the technical bits any more? What if you could have someone on hand and available to answer questions, plus provide the technical support when you need it?
Today, that is a reality…
My Geek In Your Pocket service is just what you need as a tech struggling entrepreneur.
You have better things to do than figure out what’s wrong with your website….
Getting your own Geek in Your Pocket will free you up to do what you do best, shine for your clients. You don’t need to have your head inside your website, you need your own Geek in Your Pocket!
Does any of this sound like you?
You need some help every month with your website or techie tasks
You’re ready to stop worrying about WordPress and focus on your business
You want to have someone you can call on when you need it to help manage your self-hosted WordPress site
You know keeping your website healthy and well maintained is important
Here’s some other of the ways I can help.
- Technical Consultations
Understanding the different parts to make everything work online is challenging for everyone. I will help make easier. Brainstorming and creating a plan on what you need to do is what I do.
- Website Optimization
A well optimized website is important to showing up online, my WordPress Optimization services will keep your site running like it needs to.
- WordPress Security
Having a secure website is a no longer optional. I’ll help you keep your site secure.
I could give you my whole, “crap I knew I needed to do something different” story, where I only had “5 dollars to my name”, but the truth of it all is I don’t have that kind of story.
I can tell you that in 2008, I was commuting 90 minutes each way to work to a job I wasn’t all that excited about and felt that I was running on automatic. I was tired, of the mundane the same thing each and every day. Get up, commute to work, see the same zombie like folks on the bus with me, going through the motions.
It was exhausting and I knew that I wanted something different. What that was I didn’t have a clue and I don’t think I even really have that clue yet, but that’s okay. It’s all about the journey and doing what fuels my soul and heart.
In 2008, I launched the first version of my business. Redhead Business Management. I had heard the term Virtual Assistant and had done my research. I loved technology, enjoyed doing PowerPoint Presentations, creating awesome looking documents so I figured I could help business owners do the same.
Oh boy, did that not last long.
I quickly found out that most small and tiny business owners struggled with more than just documents and my tiny virtual assistant business quickly morphed into a technical marketing boutique helping creative leaders create amazing online presences.
Back in 2008, I discovered WordPress and found a platform for creating websites and so much more that I fell in love with.
I also discovered that I’m a bit of an application and software geek!
In finding the right solutions for my clients, not simply providing them with a solution because I could get a kick back or because some “guru” told them they needed it, I discovered that a passion of mine is discovering new applications, testing them out and seeing how it might help my clients. I would often listen to my clients struggles the brainstorm simple solutions that could work for them.
It wasn’t about telling them that they “had” to use one solution, it was about providing the options and educating them to use what was right for their business.
I’m here to make your technical parts of your business function better
I believe that we can be build a sustainable and profitable business on our own terms that fits our lifestyle and most of all supports our why.
To control my destiny and live my life my way. You see I’ve always been one to beat my own drum, not listen to the conventional way of doing things.
Even when I was working in the corporate world, I was always the one to ask, why are we doing it that way. Maybe there’s a different way that could work better.
Everyday I wake up with the idea that I’m creating my own path, living my life by my choice and not by someone else’s terms.
I’m okay with being different, with being unconventional and with be the odd one out.
I do believe that we are each human, deserve of each other’s respect for our differences and that I’m in no place to judge you, just because you have a different view point.
I’m the Chief Redhead here and I bring 25+ years of working in marketing & technology. Since 2008 I have been running my own awesome business online.
21 Things About Me
- I’ve been playing (yes, I consider it playing!) in WordPress since 2007
- A book that absolutely changed my life is the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- I love to get creative everyday.
- I’ve worked with hundreds of amazing women to help them build big & small launches, websites, email campaigns and more.
- I’ve coached many more awesome women to feel empowered, in control to help them build their own awesome businesses.
- I’m a former BC Lion Cheerleader & Finalist in Miss Vancouver (don’t ask when…ahem!)
- I performed at Expo ’86 on the big stage with a semi-professional dance company called Dancestreams
- I was once an extra on 21 Jumpstreet (the TV show)
- I found the love of my life
- I spend Sundays from September to early February in my jammies watching football with the hubbie
- I’m in love with New Orleans so much so I think I might have been a strong southern belle in a previous life
- I’m also drawn to Scotland in the same way, though I haven’t yet visited.
- I’m an atypical Capricorn and bring a mixture of right & left brain thinking to everything I do.
- I consider myself a logically, spiritual, creative introverted soul who is driven to empower business owners to take charge in their businesses!
- I have a crazy, wacky off-beat sense of humor and sarcasm has made an appearance or two
- My favorite drink is an Arnold Palmer
- Two of my favorite movies are Zoolander & Tropic Thunder
- I’m a app nerd, love discovering new apps and software and play in them just for fun
- I meditate pretty well daily
- I read every day
- I take classes because I’m passionate about learning
Let’s have some fun together!
Ready to work with me?
Your best option is signing up for my Geek in Your Pocket service. It’s how I serve my clients best and it’s your first step in working with me directly.